Monday, January 30, 2017

RootsTech 2017: Speaking Schedule and Breaking New Ground


Ok.  I just have to brag on my family a little bit here.  As you know, my son Matthew was the first RootsTech youth speaker, and as far as I know, still the youngest speaker that has ever presented at RootsTech.  That was truly the highlight of my career and a big payday for this mom.

Well now we're breaking new ground at RootsTech again.  February 2017 I'll be giving one presentation with my father, and two more with my sister. (as well as two by myself.) We're truly making RootsTech a family affair.  As it should be.  I'm pretty sure I hold the record as the person who has spoken with the most family members at the conference.  It has been delightful to spend more time with my sister Amy and her two little sons and to spend time with my Dad while we've been putting these presentations together.  And they are going to be great presentations.  I'm super excited to share them with you.

Here's the schedule:
  • 3:00 pm Wednesday Feb 8th  Nature and Nurture: Family History for Adoptees with Amy Slade: 251A
  • 4:30 pm Wednesday Feb 8th  Skinny Genes: Successful Lean Startup for Genealogists: Ballroom A
(I'm also excited to be speaking at the Innovator's Summit this year about Lean Startup business practices.  Hopefully that will help new businesses in this market.)
  • 3:00 pm Thursday Feb 9th   What's in Your Attic and What to Do About It with Don Carpenter: Ballroom A
  • 3:00 pm Friday Feb 10th  18 Genealogy Contests to Play With Your Family Online: Room 151
  • 3:00 pm Saturday Feb 11th Helping Your Grandparents Share Their Story with Amy Slade: Room 255B
You can see more details about each presentation on the RootsTech Website

I'm also giving a few demos in the demo hall.  I'll be speaking about our Zap The Grandma Gap Books at the Family Tree Maker booth.  And I'll be speaking for genealogyDOTcoach in the main demo theater at 11:20 on Saturday. The genealogyDOT coach booth is holding free demo lectures (we're calling them "Pep Talks"!) throughout every day of RootsTech. Even though I'm a coach, I won't be giving any Pep Talks in the genealogyDOTcoach booth this time.  There were so many great speakers there that I knew they were covered.  Check out the pep talk schedule here...So many important and knowledgeable speakers. 

So, really, you're covered for RootsTech 2017.  You don't even need to look at the rest of the schedule.  We have lots of great ideas for you and lots of help for your family history.  Looking forward to seeing you there!

No comments: