Thursday, October 23, 2014

Upcoming Conferences

We have a couple of conferences coming up that I'd like to tell you about.  Conferences are such a great way for me to have face time with each of you.  It's one of my favorite parts of my business.  So if you're available for any of these, be sure to register and then come on by and see me.

Coming up quickly is the ICAPGen 2014 Conference.  This one is in Provo on November 1st, running from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the Joseph Smith Building on the BYU Provo  campus.  This conference is being held in partnership with ICAPGEN and the BYU Center for Family History & Genealogy.  Registration is open until October 31st, there is a luncheon served in conjunction with your registration fee, and some really great classes will be made available.  In fact, speaking of great classes (wink, wink), I will be teaching two classes myself.  At 1:30 p.m. I am presenting "Voila: Professional Charts to Impress Your Clients & Family" and at 4:00 p.m. I am presenting "6 Steps to Choreograph Your Research Across the Internet."  It would be great to see you all at either (both!) of my presentations.  I've got some great ideas and tips to share with you about not only effectively researching your genealogy, but also effectively presenting it once you've found those precious family members.  I won't have a booth at this conference but I'll be more than happy to visit with you before or after my classes.  Please be sure to register and then find me on November 1st.

The next conference I want to tell you about isn't until next year, but you should put it on your radar.  I'll be presenting at the New England Regional Genealogical Consortium conference in April of next year.  It will be held in Providence, Rhode Island from April 15th-18th, 2015.  I am excited about this because I have never been to Rhode Island before and it will be fun to attend a conference in a new-for-me place.  Early Bird registration is available until February 28th and it does save you some lunch money, so be sure to take advantage of it if you know you can make it.  There are over 95 classes available from a lot of top of their field genealogists.  I actually have three classes that I will be presenting.  First is "Beyond Scotch Tape: Charts to Fascinate Your Family" where I will show you all of the amazing options you have for displaying and sharing your family history.  Then in "Trip the Tree Fantastic: Intriguing Family History Trips for the Whole Family," I'll give you great ideas and tips for turning your next family trip into a multi-generational bonding opportunity.  Of course, I've got to give you a Zap the Grandma class too with "Zap the Grandma Gap: Leave a Heritage" so I can share tips, tricks, and ideas of how to leave the best heritage possible for future generations.  My booth will be in conjunction with Maureen Taylor and Lisa Louise Cooke, just like in Austin and a few other past conferences.  It's always a bit of a party when the three of us get together, so you have to be sure to stop by and say hello.  I hope this conference works into your schedule.  If this looks like you can make it, you can register here.

I hope to see you at one or both of these conferences.  Of course, we have RootsTech coming up as well.  I'll be presenting two classes there.  The first is "Family Adhesive: The Science of Why History Binds Families and the Simple Tech of How to Do It."  This one falls in line with the science research I have been doing and blogging about lately.  And the great news is that I have found even more studies that are so exciting and I cannot wait to share these things with you.  It's a must-see class that you need to add to your schedule!  In addition my "6 Steps to Choreograph Your Research Across the Internet" class (spoiler/preview if you go to ICAPGen) has been selected to to be recorded for worldwide distribution for future local genealogy conferences.  I mean, right?!  I am so excited!  You've got to make sure you register and come to my classes.  It will be worth your time, I promise.  Be sure to keep an eye on my Family ChartMasters newsletters as well because I always make sure to update you of upcoming conferences and my speaking schedule.  I am hopeful that somewhere along the line, over the next several months, we can have an opportunity to meet.  Let me know if you'll be at any of these and I will be sure to look for you!

No comments: